Childhood Friend | ** An Anonymous Journal **

Monday, March 07, 2011

Childhood Friend

I was reconnected to a childhood friend through Facebook last week, someone whom I already saw on Facebook a long while back but did not take the initial step to say Hello, simply because it has been too long since we lost touch.

This friend was my "best friend" in primary school. I don't really remember when exactly. Maybe in Std. 3 or 4. But I remember that one girl, from another class, came between us and this friend and I parted ways after getting into a "triangular fight". It was very childish; I remember asking this friend if she is going to be my friend or the friend of the third party. I guess, she chose her, and not me.

I remember that we studied in the same school right up to Form 5 and I was in the same school bus with the "third party" for some years because she lives near my house. We were civil with each other, I don't even know if she remembers what happened in primary school.

As for my friend, even though I took the first step to reconnect with her and even then, after such a long time since my initial discovery of her Facebook profile, the feeling of rediscovering of a good friend is lost upon me. I regret the black spot in our childhood and even though we are "friends" again, it is just not the same anymore. I guess sometimes, it's just better to let bygones be bygones.

0 comments:

Post a Comment