The Beauty of the Game (2009 TVB Drama) | ** An Anonymous Journal **

Sunday, August 29, 2010

The Beauty of the Game (2009 TVB Drama)

Soon after Taiwanese drama, Autumn's Concerto, I started on The Beauty of the Game, a 2009 TVB drama, which I always watch in Cantonese. I don't need subtitles for these even though my Cantonese isn't the greatest. I know this is an older drama but if you know what happened to me during that period of time, yo would understand that I, or anyone in my position, would have no mind for senseless entertainment like dramas.

The Beauty of the Game is about three actresses from different backgrounds trying to make it in the entertainment industry in Hong Kong. Actually, one of them is already a big star so in the drama, she is trying to hold on to her popularity, with flash backs of her early acting career. The other two "new" actresses are best friends but because of fame, led to cracks in their friendship.

I have watched seven episodes right now, out of 20 episodes. Although this drama isn't a fast-action drama, the story line seems to move pretty fast. At least, it's not as draggy as Autumn's Concerto. Or perhaps it is only approximately 45 minutes long per episode compared to Autumn's Concerto.

Anyway, although I am interested to see the ending, I have lost the urge to "chase" after it. I don't know, maybe I have a lot more things going on than dramas for the time being. LOL

0 comments:

Post a Comment