Reducing Water Bill | ** An Anonymous Journal **

Saturday, July 03, 2010

Reducing Water Bill

As the person who has to settle the monthly household bills, I am always looking out ways to reduce our usage of water, electricity and telephone. I find myself being frustrated when other family leave the tap running when I am trying my best to save water. Moreover, because of my parents' age, they tend to be forgetful and sometimes leave the light on even when they are no longer using it.

When my mother told me that there is something wrong with the toilet and it needs repair, I took the chance to tell her that when the plumber comes, instead of just toilet repair, we should also ask him to install the dual flush conversion kit.

My mother has not heard of dual flush toilets before as she is not familiar with eco living trends. However, when I told her that it would save water, hence reducing our water bill and saving money, she was convinced.

Actually, I had wanted a dual flush toilet for a long time but I just hadn't the chance to convert it. As you know, I have been traveling so much these few months, I didn't spend too much time at home. I am glad the opportunity came up now.

0 comments:

Post a Comment