Jewelry Box | ** An Anonymous Journal **

Saturday, July 24, 2010

Jewelry Box

As you know, my aunt is in very bad shape now and sad to say, she is like just waiting for "time". Although we are all mentally prepared for it already, it is still hard to come to terms with it. My aunt has already wrapped up a lot of her personal things and has passed us a box of jewelry which she says is her family heirloom for safekeeping to be passed to her son upon her demise.

We don't know what's in her jewelry box but we do know that she liked to buy gold bullion whenever she could spare some cash so perhaps these are all in the jewelry box as it's quite heavy.

Just now I visited my aunt at the Palliative Care Unit and she was asking for her jewelry box. I had to reassure her that we are keeping it well and told her not to worry. It's sad to see the physical condition she is in but her mental state of mind is still so alert. Life!

0 comments:

Post a Comment