No Plastic Bag Day | ** An Anonymous Journal **

Tuesday, January 05, 2010

No Plastic Bag Day

I read in The Star newspaper that most of Selangor shopping malls and outlets have declared every Saturday as a "No Plastic Bag Day". I applaud this move actually though I could understand the frustration of shoppers being caught off-guard and if I were shopping, I surely would like to be prepared.

Jusco in Kinta City also observes a plastic bag-free day one day per month. It's somewhere around the 20th of the month. Well, at least that's how I remember it the last time I stepped into the supermarket.

I do have with me quite a few eco-friendly reusable shopping bags that were bought from the United States that until today, because of Snoopy's illness I have not found the chance to use them at all. The next time I go shopping, I plan to use my own bags or carton boxes instead of the plastic bags that supermarkets and shopping malls give out for free.

I feel that it is up to us to make the change. We don't really need to wait for a plastic bag-free day, do we? While shoppers may have complaints now, I think it's just a matter of education and getting used to bringing our own bags and boxes.

1 comments:

imelda said...

yes you are definitiely right on this and i agree with you sis.

Post a Comment