PageRank is Still Relevant | ** An Anonymous Journal **

Wednesday, December 30, 2009

PageRank is Still Relevant

I almost forgot the good ol' days when all my blogs enjoyed healthy PageRanks but when Google bombed them and brought my PageRank values down to zero overnight, there was nothing I could do but to learn to live with the zeros.

However, these past couple of months, PageRank is back to a few of my blogs and although I see only a slight increase in revenue, at least I feel better psychologically when I see a little bit of green on my Google toolbar. Jokes aside, advertisers are still looking for PageRank when it comes to blog marketing and I can certainly understand why.

My blogger friends asked me if I did anything special to bring back PageRank. I didn't because I have been lazy. But if you are just starting out with a new blog, one of the best things that you could do for your blog is to build backlinks, as many as you could. Of course, while some people say that content is king, it wouldn't mean anything no matter how articulate you are if no one reads your blog, right?

Backlink building is done by commenting on blogs, forums, feeding social networks and submitting to web directories, just to give a few examples. If you are submitting to web directories, you have to take care to submit to directories that are relevant to your niche. If you have a business blog, submit it to a business web directory.

Also, while some people think that it is only beneficial to submit links or comment on only blogs with high PageRank, it isn't true. We do need to have backlinks from websites and blogs with different PageRanks. One more thing, building backlinks should be done slowly but regularly so as not to alarm the search engine robots.

Having said this, at the end of the day, you must enjoy blogging!

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

PageRank = it's only a bit of Green, but all blogger dreaming of it. Don't worry about your PR decreasing. You know, I've been blogging for about 5 months and my PR is still white or zero. So keep blogging, Its all A Learning. Good day friend...

Post a Comment