Glass Reinforced Plastics (GRP) | ** An Anonymous Journal **

Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Glass Reinforced Plastics (GRP)

I don't know if you watched the video of a robbery at a jewelers’ that is making the rounds on the web recently by email. I believe it’s on YouTube as well.

I know that the jewelers already bought insurance and he should not have suffered a financial loss but still, a robbery is bad for business, it's bad for the heart. Even watching the video, I winced looking at how the glasses flew from the way the display shelves were smashed.

I think that if the jewelers had used glassfibre showcases, the robbers would not have such an easy getaway with their bags of loot. At least, they wouldn't be able to smash those glass fibre panels like they did.

Now, the jewelers have learnt their lesson, I guess. They should be using GRP, Glass Reinforced Plasctics, in their new display shelves. The price difference in the material would certainly be worth it.

0 comments:

Post a Comment