Wastage | ** An Anonymous Journal **

Sunday, January 04, 2009

Wastage

I was a little pissed off last evening.

You probably know that Telekom gave us TM homeline subscribers free 24 hour use for calls to their network on 1st January, 2009, right? So I told my mother about that and told her to call her sister-in-law that day so that we could save some money. You see, she "boils phone porridge" with her sister-in-law occasionally, and even though you may think that a phone call would not cost so much, when these calls are added to our Streamyx bill, it just bloats up the bill. As the one who takes care of all the bills in the household, I try to teach them to save when possible and not make unnecessary calls or let the tap run, etc.

Anyway, my mom said that she doesn't have anything to chat with my aunt that day (1st Jan 2009) even when I reminded her of the free call at night.

Boy, what do I know? Last evening, which was only two days after the TM homeline promotion, she boiled phone porridge with my aunt for one hour. I didn't say anything, of course not, but it's not as if what they chatted could not be said on 1st January, 2009.

I am actually sadder than I am pissed.

0 comments:

Post a Comment