Should I Be Pissed Off? | ** An Anonymous Journal **

Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Should I Be Pissed Off?

Some of you will remember that my Streamyx connection has been crap since my telephone line got struck by lightning a month ago. I kept calling Streamyx customer care and they came to replace the little box at the telephone pole. It was burnt by lightning. They also came to change my modem.

I meanwhile, changed everything else that was in the line of fire from network card to wifi-router to all the networking cables.

Streamyx kept saying that there is nothing wrong with my port and stuff, even though my friends who are Streamyx subscribers are also complaining of poor connection, though they are not anywhere near me. We may, however, share the same exchange. Only TM would know that.

Anyway, after three visits from three different technicians, the third technician told me to call him directly if the problem persists and I do not have to go through Customer Care. He mentioned that he is being screwed by the office and they questioned if he did anything. Otherwise, why is the customer still complaining?

So after going without Streamyx for hours, I decided to give this guy a call, by passing the office, like he told me to. He was off duty and said he would attend to my problem the following day. The following day, Streamyx was fine and I could connect. He came over to my home, saw that I could connect, and said that there is nothing he could do as he could not check for the fault.

He also said that if it was down, he could check for the problem, but how could I call him when my line is down as he may be already gone off work? If I knew about it, I would have gone through the Customer Care Service and not wait like dumbo without Streamyx connection for hours. I may as well put in a report and wait for the technician to come, right?

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

heheh.. I would be pissed too:P I mean who wouldnt be ?..especially internet is like EVERYTHING to me:P keke

Em said...

It's not that. I have a second line, but this guy made me wait for him and then he comes and tell me that he could not do anything.

eibla said...

Hmm.. it is hard to find out what is not right when the connection is up running fine.

But, if he gave you his number and not wanting you to go through TM, i would expect him to be on standby. Cause if he's off for that day, TM can assign someone else to troubleshoot your connection issue and might be able to fix it for good.

Hopefully your connection will remain well. :)

Em said...

Eibla,


I was thinking that he would pull a new cable, like he said he would do, and now he says he would need to check for the fault.

My connection is still not good and it has been a month without headway :(

Raynebow said...

Oh dear, sounds like a very complicated thing! But actually it just boils down to a sucky Service Provider, that's all! Hope u get this sorted out soon - we are all soooo dependent on them coz we can't live without the Net, right!

Em said...

Hi Raynebow,

I hope it will be righted once and for all, whatever problem it is but right now, my Streamyx is down once again.

Post a Comment