Investing Through Proper Channels | ** An Anonymous Journal **

Monday, May 28, 2007

Investing Through Proper Channels

There's a company in my hometown that is run by a husband and wife team, who is taking in cash deposits from people who want to invest in gold. The company promises a return of 36% per annum, meaning for every $100000 invested, the investor will receive $3000 per month. Also, the middleman will receive $300 per month, for his work.

While I am all into gold investing, I feel that a 36% return is too good to be true. As far as I know, even the price of gold is not rising that much, that fast. It amazes me that people could be this gullible and when this company runs with their money, they cry foul about being scammed.

Firstly, this company is not a registered gold trading company. Secondly, the returns are too good to be true.

If one would like to invest into gold, by all means do so but do it the proper way with legitimate metal investment companies. In the United States, there are companies like Monex Deposit Company. In Malaysia, I am not sure which company, but DEFINITELY not this husband-and-wife company.

When one is a victim of fraud because of his own greed then I believe there is no right for him to seek recourse should anything unfortunate happen.

0 comments:

Post a Comment