The Homeless | ** An Anonymous Journal **

Wednesday, April 18, 2007

The Homeless

This morning, I was chatting with Paul and he told me that winter where he is very cold and could be negative twelve degrees. My, that is very cold. He said that many homeless people die from the cold.

What I do not understand is that America is supposed to be a rich land with plenty to go around and everybody is chasing the American Dream. How come there are more homeless people in America than in Malaysia? Does this show the uneven distribution of wealth? Or are homeless people not working as hard?

Paul said that these homeless people are mostly drug addicts. People like this can be found in any society which I agree but I feel that how the government handles people like this is what will make the difference.

But Paul says it is up to the individual's initiative to break away from the addiction. Is it as simple as that? I know of drug addicts who are addicts their whole life but not all of them are homeless though.

Paul said that the rich are addicted to prescription or designer drugs. But these are still DRUGS. Anyway, what ever the case, people who abuse themselves with drugs, alcohol or tobacco do not value their lives. Don't you think so?

0 comments:

Post a Comment