The Heart of Mars by Chuck Rosenthal | ** An Anonymous Journal **

Monday, April 02, 2007

The Heart of Mars by Chuck Rosenthal

Tonight, I have the opportunity to review the book, The Heart of Mars by Chuck Rosenthal. I must admit, although I am an avid reader, I am not a fan of fantasy/sci-fi fiction. However, The Heart of Mars is also detective and at times, I sensed a satirical tone too, which I am not sure by design or coincidence.

I must salute Chuck Rosenthal for crossing genres in one novel and writing on the highly speculative topic of the future of humankind in 2450, which I am not sure how many people would know how to appreciate.

Personally, I am amazed with the imagination of the author for coming out with this possibility for our future although the writing style is not easy to read. This is a first person book and while reading it, it seems like a narration and then suddenly he will be speaking to the reader, and it switches this way off and on throughout the book.

Having said this, I am looking forward to rereading this book at leisure.

0 comments:

Post a Comment