The Font Community | ** An Anonymous Journal **

Thursday, April 19, 2007

The Font Community

Recently, I have been trying to build my website but I am lot in codes and have to ask my friend to help. My task, though, is not in the building but in designing. What I have to do is just to let my friend know what I want, including selection of images, colors and fonts and my friend will try to build the website for me.

In my search for beautiful rare fonts, I came across UrbanFonts where I can download for free for non-commercial use. My site, is after all, a personal homepage built for fun.

There are so many free fonts to choose from but selection is really easy because there is a large preview panel and I could see at once if the font is available for Windows or Mac, or both operating systems. Having all these vital information upfront is good because I won't have to click so much.

UrbanFonts is more than just a download site. It is actually a whole community with a forum, blog and many interesting articles on how best to use fonts to create a good website and other uses.

It is a great place to hang out with other font lovers!

0 comments:

Post a Comment