Linking Bank Accounts To M2U | ** An Anonymous Journal **

Friday, March 23, 2007

Linking Bank Accounts To M2U

I wanted to link my other Maybank account with my Maybank2u account. I wasted a lot of time searching on the M2U website for instructions on how to do so but there was nothing there.

And then I forgot all about it.

Then I wrote in to customer service via the M2U contact form and how silly, after one day, when I thought that they have replied me, I received an automated reply from them saying that my message will be attended to in a few working days' time.

Oh dear, is there a serious lag in their emailing system? If they wanted to send out an automated email, at least make it instant, right?

I had to wait for a few days more and then finally received a reply. It seems that to link my own bank accounts to my M2U account, I would have to go to the nearest Maybank branch and fill out the Kawanku Electronic Banking Services (KEBS) form.

That really made me go, "HUH?" I thought that they have already gone paperless, that's why I do not have a passbook but now they want me to go and fill out some form. Wouldn't it be true electronic banking if I could just log in to my M2U account, fill out an electronic form and then voila, it is linked after being verified by Maybank Staff somewhere in a Maybank branch or HQ?

I did have an unpleasant experience with Public Bank recently too. I feel that banks need to be more user-friendly and not give us, their customers, the runaround.

0 comments:

Post a Comment