Children See, Children Do | ** An Anonymous Journal **

Thursday, March 08, 2007

Children See, Children Do

I watched this video on child development and yes, the video got it spot on. Children are like sponges. They easily absorb everything is thrown at them, especially the bad habits.

The video is a little extreme in the last part where the man beats up his wife and so did the son beats the mother. However, the son of the abusive father will think it is fine to beat up a wife and he will accord the same treatment to his own wife and he will never think that it is wrong. After all, his father did the same thing! That's why it is very difficult to get out of the vicious circle of bad behavior.

I may not be a parent but if I have my own family, I am going to make it a point not to show bad behavior and negative emotions in front of my children. They never pick up the good points, but will always enhance the bad values.

If I want my children to not pick up the bad stuff, then I have to make an effort not to show it, even if it is just minor things like cursing and swearing.

Children are born innocent; don't spoil their innocence with our own negative behavior.

0 comments:

Post a Comment