No Reunion Dinner | ** An Anonymous Journal **

Sunday, February 18, 2007

No Reunion Dinner

This has been just another year where we did not have a reunion dinner. Our extended family is scattered all around the world that nobody bothers to organize it since my grandmother passed away a few years ago.

No reunion, no big deal. Food, family gathering and ang pows are the last things on my mind. It is just as well. may not even go if there was one and that will cause the family to gossip that I am not giving them "face". Well, who cares? I have once again been housebound for the past week.

My house hasn't been cleaned and there are no Chinese New Year cookies, groundnuts, pomelo or mandarin oranges in the house. How unsuperstitious can one get?

Chinese New Year or not, I really don't care.

0 comments:

Post a Comment