Monkey Update | ** An Anonymous Journal **

Saturday, February 24, 2007

Monkey Update

Today was the day we were supposed to take the monkey in for an x-ray. The plan was for the vet to come to my house, sedate my poor monkey and then send him to another clinic for x-rays to be taken.

However, my family decided that the monkey, without eating properly for one week already, is too weak to be sedated.

For one, the vet came and without even checking on my monkey, already prepared the anesthetics. I thought that a doctor was supposed to check the patient's heartbeat first?

Secondly, this vet is always giving heavy dosage without taking the patient's age and physical condition into consideration. I started to utilise his services last year when my fatty monkey was very sick and the regular vet who runs an animal clinic five minutes away from my house gave up on him.

In the first visit, no doubt, his diagnosis was accurate and the medicine was right, but the dosage was too heavy.

After giving my fatty monkey his medicine, his heart started to palpitate so fast and he couldn't even rest or stay still. He walked up and down the house from 1am to 1pm. That was a long twelve hours indeed. After that, perhaps the medicine has passed from his body, he settled down but that long night KO-ed him for a few days where he could not walk AT ALL.

Subsequently, whenever I get any medicine from him, I had to half his dosage.

Today, I had to ask him to see my monkey first before giving the injection. He is so weak, what if he cannot wake up from the anesthesia? Who will be responsible?

Anyway, he was rather angry with me for not letting him know that I have postponed the x-ray session. Maybe he was thinking of his income today. The reason I did not let him know beforehand was because he would not have come and check on my monkey otherwise.

So, he dispensed medication to strengthen my monkey which costs a total of RM60, and another RM20 for the house call. I had to go to his clinic which is more than 30 minutes away, to collect the medicine as he came empty handed with the sole purpose of taking my monkey to be x-rayed.

And he had to frighten me by saying that he hopes that within these five days to complete his medication, which my monkey is refusing to take, my monkey's condition will not deteriorate further.

0 comments:

Post a Comment