Enforced Break | ** An Anonymous Journal **

Tuesday, February 20, 2007

Enforced Break

Earlier this year when my friend Paul asked me what are my plans for Chinese New Year, I told him that I will be working through it. I gave him the same reply as recently as two weeks ago. He told me to take a break. He will too, by going to Frances Yip's concert IF he has no other better things to do.

He knows me all too well as he caught me many times running on his Eastern Standard Time.

Little did I know that I would be put on an enforced break. Everyone who knows me knows that my monkeys are my number one priority. One is sick now and I am not in the right frame of mind to do any work at all. Like I told a friend, it's not death that I am afraid of but rather the unknown journey to the end. My mind goes ballistic just thinking of the many possibilities.

Because of this, I am all stressed and exhausted, and have allowed a whole weeks' worth of work to slide. I will be suffering the consequences later but for now, I can't even think straight, let alone work.

I guess I did have a break during the Chinese New Year holidays, just not the kind that I would wish for, definitely not the kind that I anticipated.

0 comments:

Post a Comment