Seeking Financial Freedom and Time Flexibility | ** An Anonymous Journal **

Tuesday, January 16, 2007

Seeking Financial Freedom and Time Flexibility

I ventured into blogging by chance as every friend I know is a blogger. After a long time blogging, I started to monetize my blog. That was about 3 - 4 months ago because I do believe that blogging can bring in a sustainable income. Since then, I've diligently read up on how other big name bloggers set up their blogs and learn from them.

But then what I have learnt from others is slightly different than the approach of Jim Reimer which I came across in his blog,
J.R.'s Seeds For Wealth.

J.R. is an advocate in building communities by using mini blog networks. I am excited with what he has in store for under-exposed blogs. You can say that I totally agree with him that blogging has evolved into a whole new sphere.

If you have read my previous post, I was telling a friend to start a new blog, and to aim at blogging for money so that he can create a sustainable income whilst looking for a real office job.

Like J.R. mentioned, we all should aim for the money but at the same time the freedom to do what we want with our time and not have to slave for it. In blogging, it is of course not easy to achieve that when we have to churn out original content a few times a day to sustain the traffic. Whatever clicks on our ads will be an added bonus but that's like waiting for the fish to bite the bait.

Last night, I was in discussion with a friend about the money we earn online. Is it worth it if we do not have the time, the freedom, to spend it? We write so many posts daily to create that income that we practically spend the entire day glued to the computer.

I think this is fine for short term but not in the long run. So I am really looking forward to what J.R. has for bloggers like me who are seeking not only financial freedom but also time flexibility.

0 comments:

Post a Comment