Old School Mate + Failing Memory = Embarrassment | ** An Anonymous Journal **

Tuesday, November 21, 2006

Old School Mate + Failing Memory = Embarrassment

Today I was in town and went on my usual way when someone asked me, "Are you so-and-so?" So I said, "Yeah," and realised that she was one of my schoolmates.

Wow, I can't believe that she could still recognise me after all these years. It has been eons since we left school and don't tell me I did not change? I know I am so much older now *sigh*

But she, on the other hand, is so much slimmer than I remember her to be, and even more beautiful, if that is possible.

So we made small talk, but all the time, I was mentally scratching my head, trying hard to recall her name, and for the life of me, I did not have any clue. And how could I ask when she can remember mine, and I can't hers? That would be very embarrassing to both of us.

Anyway, I felt so awkward. When I reached home, I straightaway dug out my 101 school magazine which was published when I was in Form Four. Yep, I saw her photo. Oh her name is this. She was in the last class, no wonder I do not have a lasting impression of her. So embarrassing, man!

And this isn't the first time it has happened to me. Sometimes when these old friends see my puzzled look, they offered me their names LOL

I wonder if their memory is THAT good or if it is because I still look the same as when I was in Secondary school! Can't be, right?

0 comments:

Post a Comment