What Sort of Blogs Do Readers Like? | ** An Anonymous Journal **

Monday, May 29, 2006

What Sort of Blogs Do Readers Like?

I just had a conversation with a fellow blogging friend. We are part of a group of people contributing to a blog, and no, I'm not disclosing the URL here as I'd like to keep my two identities separated so that I can blog anonymously.

He is of the opinion that my writing there is always inducing depression on him. He told me to write more fun stuff as he says readers like to read happy stuff, light-hearted issues, etc. He says we all have our shit to face in real life and don't want to read more sad issues in blogosphere.

Well, for me, blogging is therapeutic. It's an outlet to express whatever pent-up emotions, thoughts and opinion I harbour, since I rarely have the opportunity to freely express myself in real life, being brought up in an Asian environment.

I know the blogs that receive the most hits are joke blogs, tech blogs, celebrity gossip blogs and sex blogs (in random order) but who needs another copy & paste blog that keeps reproducing (or recycling) from one another? Ya, lots of people (so-called bloggers) are doing this from my research.


Other well-loved blogs are those that spew niamah & niapah in almost every sentence, and those that f*ck left, right & middle.

Top 10 reasons why people blog (survey done by me):

10. Because everyone's got one
9. To journalise
8. To share
7. To keep in touch
6. To destress
5. To advertise / market

4. To display camwhore photos & show off
3. To earn revenue from Adsense and what-nots
2. To earn revenue from Adsense and what-nots
1. To earn revenue from Adsense and what-nots

7 comments:

Nicholas Chay said...

okayyyy

Boringest said...

just write whatever you like, no one really cares unless you're like minishorts or kennysia or jeffooi. imagine jeffooi writing a joke blog? lol.

anyway, i think you'll be seeing him as a tech blogger soon.

rainbow angeles said...

Hi, just wanted to say, u've got a nice template... can i ask, how do you make the left/right margin smaller? Not sure if u know what i mean... if u see most of Blogger's template, there's a lotta space on the left and right hand, but yours are all filled up...

You know what I mean?

Oh BTW, I blog to share, communicate & at the same time, entertain myself & bloggermates ;)

Cheng Sim said...

nah. i think blogs with the most hits are usually blogs which contains darn loads of pictures. like Smashpop and Jasiminne. once ur through seeing their pics, you can add a simple comment like: 'nice shot! or nice picture!'. there you go! you got one hit...

Kamigoroshi said...

It pretty much depends I guess, whatever catches my mood and whatever is nicely written. When you come to think of it, anyone can blog. Doesnt take much to start punching the letters in.

Whether you blog well or not, whether its happy or depressed, serious or a just a joke, as long as it invokes what it tries to invoke, thats what I try to find...and a lot of it isnt always in Malaysia.

L B said...

I do mine so I can Fatt Hao a bit!! :-) Yah? Not a good enough reason?.. Aww..

rainbow angeles said...

Thanks for the note, Anonymous Lady! Thank you...

Post a Comment