Making Purchases With Gold | ** An Anonymous Journal **

Saturday, October 23, 2010

Making Purchases With Gold

I have been watching this recent TVB drama called Can't Buy Me Love, a costume drama, (yes, I still haven't finished yet but soon!) and I am quite fascinated to see that in the old days, people use small chunks of gold to make purchases. I cannot imagine what it would be like if we still use a mini gold bar to buy something on the street and not paper currency and coins. I wouldn't know how to count.

But watching this drama has shown me that gold has always been revered and reminds me of the love that my grandmother had for gold. It was a form of security to her. Even till now, it is still the precious metal that we all want to buy and keep. It's actually the best way to preserve one's wealth.

Some of my friends too have started to buy gold, a little at a time. They tell me that they hope they never have to sell the gold and hope that one day they would be able to pass down the precious metal to the next generation. How nice. I should follow suit!

0 comments:

Post a Comment