Drama In Perak | ** An Anonymous Journal **

Thursday, May 07, 2009

Drama In Perak

My friend sent me a text message early this morning asking me about the situation in Perak. I told him I was at home and well, I may live in Ipoh but that doesn't mean that I want to place myself in the hotspot.

I understand that some socio-politico bloggers from Kuala Lumpur planned a trip to Ipoh to provide live commentary on the happenings here. I don't know if they came and if they did, if they managed to get any reporting done. That area had been cordoned off and the roads closed, you see.

Anyway, my friend told me that he wore black today and asked if I am doing the same, in protest of what's happening here in Ipoh, as well as the detention of the Bersih Wong.

No way am I going to go into the city in black. The police are totally paranoid right now, it's illegal to even eat breakfast at the coffee shops near the State Secretariat!

0 comments:

Post a Comment