Sampuru | ** An Anonymous Journal **

Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Sampuru

These past couple of years, I have been very fascinated with the fake food that are displayed outside Japanese and Korean business. I think that this trend only became popular these past couple of years, right? At least, I don't believe I noticed anything like this in Ipoh previously.

Anyway, I recently learned that these fake food are called sampuru which means "sample" in Japanese. I thought that these food were made with clay but they are actually made with plastic and silicon.

Did you know, the business of making sampuru is actually a huge multi-million Yen business? I think all Japanese restaurants must now have these fake food displayed to show diners what they are going to get since a lot of us don't read Japanese and I think it's an excellent idea.

I hope that one day when I have my own home, I would like to have my own collection of sampuru. Hehehe... I'm a weird collector, aren't I?

0 comments:

Post a Comment