La Manila @ MidValley Megamall | ** An Anonymous Journal **

Tuesday, August 24, 2010

La Manila @ MidValley Megamall

When I visited MidValley Megamall for one afternoon last week, my friend introduced me to La Manila. For those who are unfamiliar with it, it's actually a cake shop which once could dine in. My friend ordered a slice of cherry cake and it came with a cup of tea (or coffee) and the bill came up to almost RM9! Imagine, just a slice of cake and drink!

I have to say though, that the cake was so "solid" and so rich. The icing alone was almost 1cm thick! And the cherries are large, not just specks of cherries that we normally get from other cake shops. LOL You can see how rich it is looking at this photo but sorry for the quality. It was taken with my iPhone.

My friend ate most of the cake but I did take some just to try it since there is no La Manila in Ipoh as far as I know. Still, such a cake is too rich for me. I normally don't take the icing anyway, and it would be a waste to scrap it off this cake. Besides, it was close to dinner time already and I didn't want to fill my stomach with a slice of cake only!

0 comments:

Post a Comment