3X Treat Points | ** An Anonymous Journal **

Monday, January 04, 2010

3X Treat Points

My father asked me to help him purchase a Nokia mobile phone through Maybank credit card’s EZ installment plan where not only do we get to pay for the phone in monthly installments, we get to buy the phone at a cheaper price and I would receive three times Treat Points.

For the model that he wants, it’s a savings of RM70 from retail price but still, we would still have to install it for 18 long months. I don’t know if I should do it. RM90 per month is not much but 18 months is a long time and I do not like it that I would have to fax in my order form and then wait for two to three weeks for the order to be process and then wait a few more days to have the phone couriered to me. That’s a total of 3 – 4 weeks just buying the phone!

Of course, I would prefer to buy a mobile phone at a local phone store but I may not be able to enjoy a cheaper price, I may not get to enjoy a 0% installment plan and most of all, I may not get three times Treat Points.

I have no experience in making a purchase by mail order using my Maybank credit card. Is it safe at all?

0 comments:

Post a Comment