God Save The Monkeys | ** An Anonymous Journal **

Tuesday, August 21, 2007

God Save The Monkeys

A couple of days ago, I saw on the MyCen Feed at the top of my blog (just under the header) a news headline about selling monkeys overseas.

I remember a long time ago when I was at a zoo, there was a boy who brought peanuts to feed the monkeys but he teased the monkeys instead and instead of feeding, showed the monkey the food and then hid them in his pocket. Guess what? The monkey bit him. Since that day, I have this fear of monkeys, though I am keeping two of them! Hah!

Anyway, I don't really LIKE monkeys in general but after reading TV Smith's picture story on the plight of monkeys, I feel indignant that the powers that be could think up something this clever to eliminate the monkeys by exporting them for their meat. Don't be surprised that monkeys could carry some diseases too.

As bloggers, no matter if we are small timers or heavy weights, I feel that it is our duty to voice out injustices like this plight of the monkeys, social issues or current happenings like the EXPRESS BUS ISSUE. I wish that someone would pick up the story because LIFE is too valuable to be snuffed out like that and it is unfair that people who are already disadvantaged, taking public transportation like the express bus because they could not afford their own transport, are forced to subject their lives to a stranger who could not care less.

Yes, LIFE is valuable even if it is a MONKEY's life. They have as much rights as us to be here! Is it too much to hope that somebody in power would realise that this scheme is too ludicrous, for want of a better word, to carry out?

P/S: Since I have a link out to TV's Sightings, perhaps I should protect my ass with a reverse Disclosure?

0 comments:

Post a Comment