My Old Classmate | ** An Anonymous Journal **

Wednesday, April 18, 2007

My Old Classmate

I met an old classmate a couple of nights ago. I have known her since we were 14 years old. She was with her husband and 5-year old son. She recognised me as soon as she saw me. I sometimes wonder, do I still look the same as during our school days? I think I surely look older than before! And although we never kept in touch, she still remembers my name and vice versa.

It is strange that although we are still living in the same town, we never bumped into each other before, except for once many years ago. That time, she was out on a date with her boyfriend and if I remember correctly, that guy was not this man who is now her husband. Yea, I know, nothing special, right?

Anyway, I did not have time to hideaway before she came over to chat with me. I do not really like to meet up with my old school friends. Maybe because I have low self esteem. They are all making good out of life, career and family, while I am here being bogged down with debts and two monkeys with no property to call my own.

I feel stupid that most of them are already married and raising children of their own while I am taking care of two sick monkeys instead. Our interests have branched off so much we have nothing in common anymore. Yes, we exchanged email addresses and telephone numbers but they will soon be misplaced or something sooner or later. Pity.

2 comments:

_butt said...

don't be. well, taking care of the monkeys is not easy. :)

Em said...

Hi _butt :p :p
To love me is to love my monkeys, and not many can do that :-)

Post a Comment