I Bought A Printer and DVD-RW BUT | ** An Anonymous Journal **

Thursday, April 19, 2007

I Bought A Printer and DVD-RW BUT

So I went to PC Fair and managed to pick up a LiteOn DVD-RW and an Epson Stylus CX3900. I know these are not high end products BUT the price was right.

Since that weekend, I have yet to even install these two products on my computer. The DVD-RW was supposed to go into another PC while the Epson is for another system.

And I have been facing problems with both products. The DVD-RW is a pretty simple problem, though. I told the salesman that I would like to have it installed for me and he said no problem BUT he did not tell me that the shop will be closed for a few days after PC Fair. What with their own holiday and public holiday, until today I did not manage to have it installed yet.

I know I could try to do it myself but my friend told me not to because he was the one who helped me with transferring all the hardware to a new casing and he said that he had screwed everything real tight and I may not be able to handle it. So, well, I'm going to the shop. It's free anyway, and it's called After Sales Service.

The problem with my printer is more complex, though. Plugging to my USB port, I received an error bubble saying that USB device is not recognised. I don't know why, for a simple procedure like installing a printer driver, I can't even do it.

I took everything to the shop and they too can't make it work. They took a few hours to troubleshoot and finally, they suggested that I should get a clean format. So, OK, I'm going to have to back up everything and send my stuff to them soon. I'm not going to do it myself. It's better to pay someone to do it and spend the day sleeping at home. I don't need the headache, you know?

So well, after one week, I still can't bloody use my purchases! Bah! So anti-climax, you know?

0 comments:

Post a Comment