You Think You Will Live Forever | ** An Anonymous Journal **

Friday, March 23, 2007

You Think You Will Live Forever

Many people wonder in horror how my family and I can live without basic modern appliances. We do not have a refrigerator, washing machine, air-conditioning rooms and mother of all horrors, ASTRO!

They ask me if I live in a cage just because I have not dined at a fast food joint more than ten times in my life. And there's a certain fast food that I have still not eaten before. I shall not disclose which one because it is sensitive information, but one of the outlets closed down in my cow town at the end of December, 2006. I think it's all because of me!

They wonder how I could survive, leading such a deprived life. But let me tell you, you never miss what you never had. So what if I have never tasted the roadside burger?

The weird thing is that I do not feel as if I am missing out on something great. My friend commented that my family thinks that we will live forever, that we will have the chance to try something new "later" but when will that "later" be?

0 comments:

Post a Comment