OMG! He's Going To Die! | ** An Anonymous Journal **

Sunday, March 18, 2007

OMG! He's Going To Die!

Last evening, my monkey went into seizures again. My monkey has been suffering from Grand Mal seizures since nine months old and last night's episode was one of the worst, with five attacks within two hours. The worst was six attacks in the same time frame a long time ago.

This bout of seizures was brought on by the monsoon season at the end of the year, and then along came Chinese New Year where every one was playing with fireworks and it's now the rainy season again. Argh how I hate the weather.

It was so bad that at one point, thought that he would not recover. Remember, he is no longer young and seizures are not as easy on him with his age. I called up the vet. He refused to make a house call and asked me to bring my monkey over, which I could not. It was raining and his body temperature was burning hot. And he was going to get one attack after another, how could I move him safely?

So the vet refused to come over, which I hold no grudge against him since it was already an hour an a half since he closed his clinic. But imagine, if it was a real emergency, my monkey would have died. I understand that he is the top vet in town and he is a very busy man, BUT STILL!

It's because I have no other choice that I am stuck with him.

To watch videos of petit mal and grand mal seizures in dogs, click
HERE.

0 comments:

Post a Comment