The "Name Your Price" Marketing Phenomenon | ** An Anonymous Journal **

Wednesday, February 07, 2007

The "Name Your Price" Marketing Phenomenon

I recently came across a very daring marketing stunt by two companies. One company sells video tutorials and another sells web hosting packages. There may be others that I do not know of, but these two companies are selling without setting a price.

Rather, they allow the market to determine the price. You are encouraged to name your price. However, I am not sure if the company will really allow you to purchase a your stated price. Let's say you only want to pay US$1, will you get the item?

Is this like the-lowest-bidder-wins concept?

Not only that, their products come with a 30-day money back guarantee as well. I take my hat off to them for being so daring and confident of their product.

If there are more of such companies, it would really create a total buyer's market.

0 comments:

Post a Comment