My Communication Is Cut Off! | ** An Anonymous Journal **

Wednesday, December 27, 2006

My Communication Is Cut Off!

When my friend informed me last night that tsunami is heading towards the Philippines, I told him not to go to the beach side. I was not overtly concerned. Of the two Filipina friends that I have, one is married to a Malaysian, one to a British.

Little did I know that the earthquake in Southern Taiwan will affect us like it did some years ago. Communication is cut off once again! The damage to the undersea internet cable is expected to take three weeks to repair. For people like me who depend on the internet to put food on the table, three weeks is like three lifetimes!

This morning, when the connection was not as bad as it is now, it took me three hours to log in to PPP and I saw high paying opps. F****** hell I couldn't take them. And my earnings was zero on Christmas Day. Why can't these opps come out on Christmas Day? Why can't the internet cable be damaged tomorrow?

GGGGGrrrr

My friend used to tease me that if anyone wants to marry me, he only needs to provide me with a computer and internet access as dowry. I need to up that to include all mobile internet gadgets and satellite internet access.

If I don't have so many on going internet activities, besides PPP I won't be jumping up and down now.

P/S: I can access Blogger.com but I can't access my own blog.

0 comments:

Post a Comment