Going Into Business, Or Not? | ** An Anonymous Journal **

Saturday, December 02, 2006

Going Into Business, Or Not?

Recently, I was given the opportunity to review a business model that is a fairly new concept in Malaysia. It's sort of like multi-level marketing, only that the product is actually a ready-made webstore stocked with merchandise.

While I am all for the concept of working from home, working on the computer all day long and making sales through the web and getting some pocket money, I am rather uncomfortable with the fact that they are asking for a membership fee of MRY250.

Some may reason that MRY250 is a small capital for a business venture which is only partially true. One can start a business with less than that, depending on the business model and how far one wants to grow.

I am disinterested as I am never keen on MLM. I hate working my ass off for my upline. And I hate to jeopardise friendship by pestering friends to sign up under me, just so that I can receive that little bit of commission or get a membership fee waiver or whatever.

If I were the leader than it's a different story lah. But this guy, a client of mine kept insisting on showing me what he has to offer, so I obliged.

In the end, I had to push him off. I don't like to do that since he is a client and I don't like to have ill feelings between us, but no choice. I told him, I can't spare the MYR250. BAH!

0 comments:

Post a Comment