Is Your "Contact Me" For Decoration? | ** An Anonymous Journal **

Thursday, August 17, 2006

Is Your "Contact Me" For Decoration?

Since I started using the internet, e-mailing has been an integral part of online life, and I believe it is the same for everyone else.

However, in the course of my work, I had the unfortunate task of contacting loads of people via e-mail, be it for information or for business, and discovered that alot of people do not bother to reply.

Why the heck did they list their e-mail addresses on their websites, then? For show ah? Or for decoration?

If anyone writes to me, I deal with them in this order:

1. Business mail - reply ASAP
2. Social mail - reply only when I'm free
3. Forwarded e-mail - will forward to others only if it's extra meaningful or darn humourous
4. Junk - trashed

Anyway, being the initiator is always difficult, cos one never know what sort of person is on the other side.

However, the one that took the cake was one lady who contacted me for some non-job-related information, which I duly provided, and then she just disappeared without a courtesy reply to thank me for the information.

How rude can one get? DUH!!

3 comments:

Kamigoroshi said...

There's always a reason to leave your contact on your blog. I do it because sometimes people want to leave comments they don't want on the post or just to talk more.

It just so happens, read this post on emailing a blogger by Lorelle. It's a good read and ties in and you could learn a thing or two too. :)

KY said...

my contact me is a contact form, no email shown. then again you can't really do that on blogspot.

Em said...

I think I'm misunderstood. What I meant was commercial websites or even government websites, but thanks for commenting, anyway.

Post a Comment