Papa & I | ** An Anonymous Journal **

Sunday, June 18, 2006

Papa & I

Those who know me well know that I have a long standing issue with papa. It has caused many arguments between us as well as between concerned friends & myself too. Ya, it is that bad.

People all say he's irrational and I do agree but I understand why he's acting this way, doing the things he does on us. What can I do? One can choose friends, but cannot choose family.

Father's Day and his birthday always bring me sadness because I wish that our relationship is better, but I know it will only get worse as time passes and if he continues to take his stand. How can I change his mindset? Age hasn't seem to mellow him. If anything, he has gotten more headstrong.

The fact that I am not taking any drastic rebellious action does not mean that I agree with his actions.

Friends say I am also to be blamed and the fault is as much as mine to be stuck in this situation. Partly true but they don't really know the kind of things I went through trying to be released from this grip. It pains me every time this issue comes into discussion.

I am thankful to have friends who let me know that my life is definitely abnormal and yet accept me as I am, until I have found the courage to break free. Thanks for standing by me and supporting me.

Perhaps as I become older, I will understand him better and come to forgive him and at the same time, I pray that the day of the volcanic eruption will never arrive.

Today, Father's Day, I can't bring myself to wish him "Happy Father's Day" face to face. Isn't it sad?

1 comments:

_butt said...

Hey, sorry to hear that. But I sure hoped that someday your dad will understand and come to terms that whatever happened.. let bygone be bygone :)

You know, I'm not really close to my dad also.. his mere presence in our family is to put bread on the table, pay bills, give me allowances and send my sis to college.. that's about it.. ever since I'm a kid it has always been like that.

We've only speak to each other, never talk. Don't even had the nerve to wish him Father's Day.. let alone Happy Father's Day *sigh*

Maybe in a few years to come when I'm out working and all, it will change?

Post a Comment